Thursday, October 16, 2014

I can't Belize it!


For those of you who haven't kept up with me, I am here in Mexico for three months of discipleship training, followed by a two month missions outreach. I didn’t know where the outreach portion of the DTS would be before I came but I just found out last Sunday!

As a back side to the story, we knew there were two choices… either to go to Belize or stay in Mexico. To help us determine which outreach we felt called to, the leaders of each team chose a color. The students didn't know which color correlated to the outreach destination and would have to rely fully on which color God asked us to pick. Anyway, this is my experience in choosing......

 A few days before the colors were revealed, I had been praying that God would direct me to the right outreach location. I hadn’t been praying for a color, but immediately the color green popped in my mind. I was like "OK, cool. Maybe this is from God but then maybe I am just being a little too imaginative." I prayed a little more, and then fell asleep. The next day I couldn't remember which color I had thought of.  So I started praying again and the color green popped in my mind again. I remembered that was the color that came to mind the day before. I was pretty cautious about it because I thought I might be making it up and just trying to have a color picked out. Keep in mind, they hadn’t revealed the colors to us yet. Anyway, the next day at dinner, I was talking with friends when all of a sudden I hear, "David, what is your favorite color?” “Definitely green!"  I wasn't even listening to their conversation and yet, I heard that comment crystal clear. The word green came to mind, over and over again. I tried to think it was a coincidence and not get my hopes up.  Later, we were worshiping together before finding out the two color choices and I was really trying to pursue God’s presence rather than an answer. The color green kept coming to mind but I just tried to shove it away. I looked up near the end and one of the girls had on a green skirt and it seemed to shine neon. I was really thinking my color was green at this point. Nick, the Director of our school, started praying before he revealed the colors and I got really nervous. I was unsure if green was the color and if it wasn't, how would I know which color to pick. As I began to panic, I looked down and guess what color my Bible is? Green! I just had to laugh and whispered, "God, if there is not a green color up there on that white board when they turn it around, I am going to be super confused!"  Low and behold when they revealed what was written on the white board, there was the color green. I knew without thinking any further, that was the one I needed to pick! God made it so obvious!

You can imagine my excitement when they turned the board around!
 Green!
I could write story after story about the amazing ways God is speaking not only to me, but to the school as a whole. I know this was a short blog and I am about a week late, so I will try to update you with more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment